Brunch and Beach......
















Brunch is the word which I always associate with weekends,’cos I have the pleasure of getting up late and try something innovative and interesting gastronomic platter calling it as a heavy and tasty Brunch since it is possible on my holidays only. But my concept of Brunch found a new meaning when I to Goa for 5-6 days. Everyday was the day of royal luxury Brunch which I always associate in weekends. Maybe this time,I was quite prepared not to overload myself with heavy breakfast, lunch and dinner so that I can have good time in the beaches playing around (In Goa you tend to have all the possible sea food available there gulping down with some good drinks).

So my days normally start finding out the best restaurants and Hotels which is located near the beach side and which can give me the best Goan ethnic cuisine and food. My search got completed with some help from my sister (who did quite a good research in Goan food and restaurant) and the locals who stay there and also all the shopkeepers on the beaches (they are the best bet)

My first encounter was with one of the best restaurants in Calungate beach called “Infataria” which offers you the best breakfast or brunch ranging from bacons, suasages, bread omelette, pancakes,porridges and yummy pastries,etc..and to tell you, Heinz baked beans never tasted so good till now (maybe I was hungry)and the pineapple juices was a refreshing one . Another restaurant called ‘Souza lobo’ is worth mentioning in Calungate beach because of its ambience and good hospitality, and the restaurants facing the sea beach do offer plenty of action to catch while ordering for the food and definitely don’t miss out the baked crab with cheese,Mix fried rice with prawns and yellowish French fries(Mc Donald’s can faced a good threat).



Next was with the best beach I ranked in Goa “Bagga beach” which is really clean and the best crowd and the restaurant we had our brunch was not at all disappointing rather I would say it’s a blessing that we didn’t missed out on “Britto’s.Everything was so fantastic about this restaurant facing the beautiful greenish blue sea, good hospitality and the best music which can make you feel good, and the food was what I called “Heaven”. Try out anything but don’t miss out the “roasted Chicken in White sauce”. Its amazing.
The other beaches like Anjuna,Vagator,Agauda are beautiful whnich are not much crowded but don’t missed out the flea market of Anjuna beach which we missed out this time.
Apart from having the Beach side’s brunches, feel you like having the food n before reaching the beaches and if you happen to crossed panjim on the way,stop your car and asked the driver about the best hotel which can offer you varieties and Goan cuisine, I bet the answer is ‘Vinete’(Just a few n steps away from Panjim residency ) and the ‘Classic Ritz hotel’. But I like Vinete more ‘cos it reminds me of Big Chill in Delhi (the young and peppy crowd and the kind of food),the wall adorning the paintings of ethnic Goan tribe culture ,signatures, and writings of all the people who came to Vinete from all over the World.
The Brunches are always good and royal but having on the beach side does add more taste to the food being tasted and enjoyable and u can just sunbathe with a gud drink in the afternoon.
Indeed Goa is the place just to forget everything you normally faced in your life and leading a life full of lively music, smiling faces of Goan people and their hospitality which always brings me back again and again to rejuvenate myself and my soul.And you bet,Beach and Brunch always makes a good combo in Goa.





Comments

Unknown said…
it is nice to read thru raminaz blog as it is pretty soulful adn comes directly from the heart... further it really gives one food for thought abt the manipuri culture where one really feels how cut off we have been from that part of India...

Popular posts from this blog

Ima keithel-Imphal

Manipuri Dance

Shopping Spree......